Children and Youth Religious Education
Sunday Mornings, September 9, 2018 through May 19, 2019
- 9:30am and 11:30am Sunday Service (nursery childcare begins at 9:15am through the end of the second service)
During the Sunday service, children preschool-3rd grade gather for Arts & Exploration following the Story for All Ages. Religious Education for all ages begins at 10:35am Sundays.
Check out our Religious Education course offerings for 2018-2019 here: RE Brochure
For more information, visit our page on "What to Expect on a Sunday Morning". Please contact our Director of Religious Education, Nichole Hodges-Abbasi at with any additional questions.
- 9:30 am: children's choir rehearsal (see link below for schedule) and Arts & Exploration for preschool-third graders (both begin after the story in the service)
- 10:35 am: Religious Education classes for preschool/Kindergarten (room 120), 1st-3rd grades (room 123), 4th-5th grades (room 124), 6th-8th grades (room 115); 9th-12th graders-every week (room 125)
- 11:30 am: Arts & Exploration for preschool-third graders (room 123, after the story in the service)
Visit our Complete Calendar of Events here: September to December 2018
2018-2019 Sunday morning Religious Education Registration (R.E.)
Register your child for RE online at UUCF Religious Education Registration
Children's Choirs & Teen Choir
Learn more about our rehearsal and performance schedule here
"Our Whole Lives" Lifespan Sexuality Education
Visit our OWL page for details.
UUs believe that every child brings new hope into the world. Once or twice a year, we set aside a special time during the Sunday service for a Child Dedication ritual for our community to bless infants or young children new to the congregation. For out more at our Child Dedication page.
"Like" us on Facebook!
- Visit our new UUCF Religious Education Facebook page, and click on "like"!
- We also have a "secret" Facebook Group for UUCF Parents. Please contact our Director of Religious Education to be added if you would like to be part of that group.
Note: in the summer, we move to one service at 10:30am from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend.
Resources for practicing mindfulness with children, talking with children about traumatic events, parents as sexuality educated, college discernment, and more on our resources page.
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/ReligiousEducation.)