The Friendly Forum
Sundays at 10:30am (or 9:30am during the summer) in Room 113.
The Friendly Forum is open to all, and topics are scheduled based on suggestions from participants. The topics may be spiritual or material, entertaining or serious, UUCF-related or not. We seek to create a safe, welcoming place to learn, freely express opinions, and to be informed of the opinions of others.
Often 2nd Sundays are topics related to the following week's split-plate nominees. Usually at least one other Sunday each month is a Building Beloved Community Conversation, hosted by our Dismantling Racism Team.
- Sunday, April 23 at 10:30 a.m. - Lee Scott Popkin, Sierra Club affiliate and Director of the John Muir Scholarship, will discuss criteria for submitting applications (hosted by Roy Greene)
- Sunday, April 30 at 10:30 a.m. - UUsed Book Sale
- Sunday, May 7 at 10:30 a.m. - UU White Supremacy Teach-in with Rev. Carl (sanctuary)
- Sunday, May 14 at 10:30 a.m. - Bill Butler, "UU Service Committee: Our Denomination's Agent for Social Action"
- Sunday, May 21 at 10:30 a.m. - Building Beloved Community Conversation, hosted by UUCF's Dismantling Racism Team
- Sunday, May 28 at 9:30 a.m. - Dick Jones, “Insights from the Eisenhower Presidency for Today” (Recommended reading: Three Days in January by Bret Baier)
- Sunday, June 4 at 9:30 a.m. - Building Beloved Community Conversations, hosted by UUCF's Dismantling Racism Team
- Sunday, June 11 at 9:30 a.m. - Di Creedon, The Frederick Center
- Sunday, June 19 at 9:30 a.m. - Building Beloved Community Conversations, hosted by UUCF's Dismantling Racism Team
- Sunday, June 25 at 9:30 a.m. -
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/FriendlyForum.)