Black Lives Matter
UU 8th Principle
"Journeying toward spiritual wholeness by working to build a diverse multicultural Beloved Community by our actions that accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves and our institutions.]*
- (divorcing) White Supremacy Culture: Coming Home to Who We Really Are
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice & Justice in June, which allows you to choose how much time you have each day to become more informed as step one to becoming an active ally to the black community: 10 minutes/day, 25 minutes/day, 45 minutes/day, etc.
- Scaffolded Anti-Racist Resources - facilitate growth for white folks to become allies, and eventually accomplices for anti-racist work
- Poor People's Campaign: Moral Justice Jubilee Policy Platform
- The Vision for Black Lives Policy Platform from The Movement 4 Black Lives
- Widening the Circle of Concern: Report of the UUA Commission on Institutional Change
*The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) is in the middle of a process of potentially incorporating some version of this statement into the UU Principles. In June 2018, UUCF joined a growing number of UU congregations who have committed to living out this proposed 8th Principle at the congregational level during this interim period. For more information, visit 8thprincipleuu.org.
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/BLM.)