The Pastoral Care Team provides a caring presence and confidential support for members and friends of the congregation, who are facing illness, surgery, life transitions, or crisis. When possible we offer hospital, home, and/or phone visits, provide and/or coordinate meals and transportation to medical appointments, and help connect those in need to resources to the community. The Pastoral Care Team is not able to provide medical, nursing or therapy services; however, appropriate referrals to agencies are offered as needed.
To be connected with a member of the Pastoral Care Team or to schedule an appointment for pastoral care or spiritual direction with Rev. Carl, please send an email to .
When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
Rev. Carl's blog posts:
- After Trauma & Loss: What (Not) To Say
- "None of Us Are Getting Out of This Alive": How & Why to Have End-of-Life Conversations
- The Frederick Center: support, educate, and connect the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) community of central Maryland.
- Heartly House: comprehensive services for Frederick County residents who have been impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse. (Services include a 24-hour hotline, emergency shelter, individual and group counseling, victim advocate services and legal representation, medical advocacy services for victims of sexual assault, abuser intervention groups, transitional housing, and community outreach and professional education.)
- Partners In Care: providing support services to permit older adults to remain independent in their own homes.
- The Religious Coalition for Emergency Human Needs: Help for those who need food, assistance with utility bills, healthcare, dental care and prescriptions, are homeless or are in danger of being evicted, and many other services.
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/PastoralCare).