UU Summer Camp
UU Summer Camp Registration NOW OPEN
A partnership of the Unitarian Universalist ("UU") Congregations of Frederick and Rockville
When: Monday, June 24 - Friday, June 28, 2019 (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
Who: for rising 1st-6th graders as campers, for 7th-8th graders as "Counselors in Training", for high schools (9th-12th graders) as Counselors, and for adults as volunteers.
What: The goal is for campers to experience connection and beloved community, and to practice peace, respect for the earth, and joyful living!
Where: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Frederick, 4880 Elmer Derr Rd, Frederick, MD 21703. (Directions available at frederickuu.org/directions.)
How much: $125 for 1 child & $106 for each additional child. (Email the Directors for scholarship information.)
Camper and "Counselor in Training" Registration (rising 1st-8th graders)
Register TODAY!! Last day to register is Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
- Step 1: UU Summer Camper Registration Form
- Step 2: For one child (or for the first child among siblings registering), please pay in advance for through our UU Summer Camp Eventbrite link.
- Step 3: If you have more than one child, pay first for one child through "Step 2," then please pay for siblings through our UU Summer Camp Additional Child Eventbrite link.
High Schoolers interested in working as camp counselors should email the Directors.
We Need Adult Volunteers!
Adults can volunteer through our Vounteer Sign Up.
What to Expect at Camp
We have many workshops and experiences planned for campers, including music, theater, arts & crafts, cooking, storytelling, science experiments, outdoor games, yoga, variety show, and service projects.
Sample schedule of a day at UU Summer Camp:
- 9:00am - 9:15am Arrival
- 9:15am - 9:30am Opening Circle
- 9:30am - 10:15am Arts & Crafts
- 10:15am - 11:00am Nature Walk / Outdoor Games
- 11:00am - 11:15am Snack
- 11:15am - Noon Yoga
- Noon - 12:30pm Storytelling
- 12:30pm - 1:15pm Lunch / Free Play Outside
- 1:15pm - 2:15pm Science Project
- 2:15pm - 3:00pm Cooking
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm Service Learning Project
- 4:00pm Dismissal
Spread the Word & Bring a Friend!
You can also help raise awareness about this event through our UU Summer Camp Facebook Event.
Contact our Co-directors
- Nichole Hodges-Abbasi, Director of Religious Education at UUCF:
- Carla Miller, Director of Religious Education at UUCR:
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/camp.)