Inclement Weather Policy
In the case of an inclement weather event (snowstorm, hurricane, severe thunderstorm, flood), UUCF staff will post as soon as possible whether UUCF events are open or closed on our website homepage (frederickuu.org).
We try to post at least two hours in advance if an event will be canceled.
- A congregation-wide email would typically only be sent for a Sunday morning cancellation or a similar congregation-wide event cancellation.
- Otherwise, a more targeted communication would be made as appropriate by the leader of a particular class/event.
If an inclement weather event occurs on a Sunday,
- we will decide no later than 7:00am if the 9:30 a.m. Early Service and 10:30 a.m. Middle Hour will be canceled.
- we will decide no later than 9:00am if the 11:30 a.m. Late Service will be on a normal schedule or canceled.
- There are also times when FCPS is closed, but Frederick Community College (FCC) remains open--and we choose to follow FCC's example.
- Even when school is cancelled, there are occasionally times when an event may still happen later in the day at UUCF once the roads and parking lot is cleared.
- Conversely, there may also be times when FCPS or FCC is able to open, but UUCF may remain closed depending on whether we have had sufficient time to make the UUCF Parking Lot safe.
- 48-hour snow prediction (NOAA)
- Highway Snow Emergencies
- National Weather Service
- Traffic camera I-70 east of I-270
- Traffic camera I-70 west of I-270
(The short link to this page is frederickuu.org/weather.)